You can’t stay at any Disney R
When you walk in, the Grand Floridian will immediately sweep you into its charms, as a live orchestra plays Disney themed tunes. As you walk further into its beautiful five-story lobby, the magnificent Grand staircase & birdcage elevator will catch your eye. Its even fitted with an elegant baby grand piano and beautiful marble floorings (look close, and you may spy some familiar Disney friends)!
One of my favorite things is taking in the scent of the resort itself- I even own the Grand Floridian Resort scented candle thanks to https://www.etsy.com/listing/629778783/grand-floridian-resort-candle-disney (happiness can come in a jar ~PRO TIP: They carry other Disney World-reminiscent scents)! As if that wasn’t enough, there are several restaurants of all cuisines, sure to delight any palate and age throughout this large resort. Need dinner with some tableside character? You’re all set because, at the Grand Floridian Resort, you will find plenty of sweet Disney princesses, lovable Tiggers & laughable Mad Hatters just waiting to be hugged( i know this from first-hand experience)! Also, be sure not to miss some of the most wonderful gift shops on property, including its very own BASIN, and many other magical surprises sure to delight, are to be found at every turn in this gorgeous Resort.
It would certainly be remiss of me not to mention the Princess Promenade. This was truly my favorite part of being a guest of the Royal Palm Club inside the main building! My family and I watched from the concierge lobby as Cinderella showed up with her Prince for a romantic turn in the lobby (This takes place
Disney’s Grand Floridian Society Orchestra and the Princess Promenade
A few “Practically Perfect in Every Way” tips:
- Arrive via Boat Launch, if possible, from the Magic Kingdom. This is what my family did for our special night stay in the Royal Palm Club of the Grand Floridian, and “pulling up” dockside was so exciting for my boys. This takes some extra effort on your part, but it worked out perfect for my family. If you need tips on “How to” do this for your family, comment below!
- Be sure to research the restaurants on the property before your arrival! The Grand Floridian has about 6 sit down restaurants, 2 lounges, a couple of pool bars, and an elegant Tea Room (Read my post & review on that later). I can’t pick a favorite restaurant from this Resort, but I would be happy to give you my recommendations! Ask me in the comments!
- The Alice in Wonderland Splash pool is excellent for young children, and the main pool has a 181-foot-long slide for the teens, adults, and the more adventurous child! My boys and teen daughter all had so much fun at the Splash pool. The sandy beach adjacent to the pool is a huge plus for my family.
- Monorail access to the Magic Kingdom and the TTC to get to EPCOT via monorail! It just doesn’t get any better than that! (Besides the fact that a Dole Whip from the Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is just monorail hop away)!
- If you are enjoying a day of R&R at your resort, there’s no better place to stay than a Monorail Resort. From one of these 3 special resorts, you can indulge in the Magic Kingdom’s nightly fireworks right from your balcony (not every room has a balcony view of the fireworks, and this luxury oftentimes comes at a higher price point) or the beach at Disney’s Grand Floridian. There’s also an Electrical Water Pageant that runs by nightly weather permitting. Ask a cast member for times!
When you have “down time” at your Disney Resort, just remember that Mouse Ears are not just for the parks! So, on days where your family is having some “Disney Downtime”, away from the bustle of the parks, grab your favorite Mouse Ears, & go explore your resort! You never know how many Hidden Mickeys you may find!