I just loved how easy and tasty this Paleo Drumstick Chicken recipe I adapted from The Healing Kitchen Cookbook is, so I knew I had to share it! I used my
One thing I really liked about this recipe is that it can be prepped a full 24 hours in advance. I took that advice in order to save myself not only time for the next day, but also to make sure that my chicken was good and marinated. I recommend using glass containers, such as these Pyrex food containers (that are BPA-free) to marinate your meats and store food in (I use mine all the time)!
For this recipe, you’re going to need:
Coconut~Garlic Drumsticks Ingredients
- 12 Skin On Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 Cup Garlic Sauce (recipe to follow on this post)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
Coconut~Garlic Drumsticks directions
When it was time to cook dinner for my husband and I the next day, all i had to do was transfer the drumsticks and the sauce to my instant pot. To do this, I:
- Arranged the drumsticks in a single layer in the Yedi Pot
- Added in all remaining Garlic sauce marinade
- Top with 2 Tablespoons of fresh Garlic clove
- Close the lid, set it to “Poultry”
- Allow the chicken to slow release
and Voila! Coconut-Garlic Drumsticks! Makes about 4 servings.
Coconut~Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 8 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
Coconut~Garlic Sauce directions
Blend all of your ingredients in a blender on the “sauce” (I use my Blendtec) or “puree” setting until creamy with a
Ya know its good stuff if you’ve added it to your Rifle Paper Co. Recipe Box!
Shout-out to The Healing Kitchen Cookbook! It has everything from breakfasts to desserts, to awesome and easy meal plans. Every single recipe I’ve made using The Healing Kitchen
Happy Cooking! Did this recipe work out as well for you as it did for me? Let me know how you felt about your success with it in the comments below!